Tuesday, November 1, 2011

James 1:2-4 and Thankfulness

"2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


As I have matured and become a wife and mom, my faith has certainly been tested. From finances to diapers it has definitely been a roller coaster of trials. My patience has gone from weak to strong and back to weak again with the addition of our second little girl. As I sit here trying to complete my sentence on this screen, she is fussing at me all the while I am trying to cram breakfast in my mouth. Listening to her I try to transform my mindset from UUGGGHHH's to that means she needs me just like I need God. She needs me to show her patience and understanding by being gentle and loving. God shows that to us everyday. When we "fuss" and need His arms around us He stops what He is doing and comes to let us know He is still here. I am so thankful I have the knowledge and faith to feel His comfort and patience.


So I will tell myself it is true that when it seems like there is no sleep, not enough hours in the day, and no time to eat, shower, etc....(I could go on and on); I know that I will trust in the Lord that He will help our family through any trial we face. Persevering will only make us more complete and I am thankful for that! 

1 comment:

  1. Tina,
    So happy to see you have a blog !! I look forward to reading it. I wish I had had your wisdom when I was a young mother!
    God bless you!

    Aunt Marilyn

    ReplyDelete